Can't Edit Playlist in Itunes 12.2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2006 Mac Pro, dual 2.8 GHz mp's, 6 GB Ram, 2 - 1 TD HD - 2016 Macbook Pro, 256 GB/iGB
My wife is running Itunes 12.4.3.1 on a recent Mac Pro with El Capitan. She recorded her own voice reading some books for our grandchildren in Garageband. That part worked fine. She then exported those tracks to iTunes. That worked. She created a playlist and transferred the tracks. That worked. She then double-clicked on the title, renamed it, and rearranged the tracks. Somehow at this point, the rearrangement was lost. So she clicked on "Edit Playlist", and got a window with Match preferences. She does not have nor want a Match account - indeed, she does not have nor want an iTunes store account; I already have one and one is enough. I logged her machine into my account, and turned off syncing across devices. But the Match window still comes up. How can she open the playlist, rearrange the tracks, and save it keeping that new order without Match?

Thanks in advance.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I cannot claim a solution nor even that it necessarily helps; but if your wife has El Capitan on her Mac, the latest version of iTunes is 12.5.3.17 which is several versions ahead of what your wife is using.

Updating to this latest version is advised because there have been a few biggish changes and a lot of minor ones, not including fixes for security vulnerabilities, since 12.2 (as you say in your header) or 12.4.3.1 (as you say in your text).

And yes, it's best if iTunes Match is disabled for what you are doing.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.