MBP 2011+WIN10 NO External Monitor

Reaction score
Hello!

Had to install Windows 10 on my early 2011 MacBook PRO 13" using bootcamp (it was a lot of butthurt but I managed).
Now everything's going good but the only critical problem for me is absence of external monitor (VGA of course).
Windows 10 just doesn't see it! I've updated all Intel drivers but it didn't solve the problem.
Has anyone faced this problem?

Could you please help me with it

My goal is to use external monitor whith closed Macbook.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Why use a very old clunky VGA based monitor??...when much better non-VGA monitors can be purchased very cheaply used (or new)...if you prefer new.:)

Every non-VGA monitor I've used with my Mac's never had an issue (full sized DVI, mini-DVI, mini-displayport, HDMI, ADC, etc.).

- Nick

OP
S
Reaction score
Why use a very old clunky VGA based monitor??...when much better non-VGA mhttp://www.mac-forums.com/newreply.php?p=1738589&noquote=1onitors can be purchased very cheaply used (or new)...if you prefer new.:)

Every non-VGA monitor I've used with my Mac's never had an issue (full sized DVI, mini-DVI, mini-displayport, HDMI, ADC, etc.).

- Nick

Monitor is new - I just use it for another laptop (DVI) and VGA for my MBP.
But macbook is too old for WIn10 and isn't supported - there is no drive for HD 3000...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
If you have an older version of Windows, like 7 or 8, you can install that, then do the upgrade to Windows 10 and you should be good to go from there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.