Read the instructions an all will be well. Win 10 via BootCamp

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
If one were to read all of the posts regarding issues installing windows on a boot camp partition on a MBP you'd never do it. Thankfully I didn't read them until after install.
I downloaded Windows 10 Home edition as an ISO file from the MS Store after very carefully reading the Apple Communities Forum Boot Camp Guide. In particular how to uninstall.
I did some research on a practical size for the partition and let Boot Camp do it's thing. Now I have Windows 10 and a very novel experience that is. MS Edge takes a little getting used to considering how plain and boring it looks in comparison to OSX Firefox everything is there just hidden and no Favorites' Bar
What I can say as far as Pro's go is that it's fast, very fast. Booting is quick too probably because the partition is so small. Overall it is very functional but I cant say it's easy to set up.
the keyboard commands are almost the same with the exception of the Control key becoming effectively the Apple Command key or the Windows key. To copy is now Control+C instead of Command+C, Paste Command+V ect.
Much is hidden and I am discovering things every day like the sort of split screen view which I discovered purely by accident when I was moving a browser window to one side to read the page behind. Suddenly it was resized and the two windows appeared side by side.
I will keep adding to this post as I go for what little help it may be to others.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.