Transfer of iTunes Data from PC to Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" Mid 2013 1.3 GHz i5 8GB RAM OS X 10.11.6 iMac 2.7GHz i5 8GB RAM OS X 10.9.5
Hi Guys,

Just this week bought my Wife a MacBook Air and been busy transferring all data across from her old Windows laptop - all good.

We've copied the iTunes library over which includes the Mobile Applications folder, but none of the purchased apps are showing in iTunes.

I can't figure out why this is, as it worked great for me a couple of years ago when I converted from PC to Mac.

Have I missed a trick and forgotten about it? (quite possible!)

Thanks,
Bill

M

MacInWin

Did she create her own AppleID? If she did, that's why the purchases aren't showing, from Apple's perspective she hasn't purchased them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac (21.5-inch, Late 2013)
Have you entered your password correctly into iCloud? This would cause the problem if you haven't

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The purchased apps are going to appear under whatever Apple ID that they were originally purchased. Sign into the iTunes App Store using the same Apple ID that purchased the apps and they will then be able to be downloaded to her new MBA.

OP
Moro
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" Mid 2013 1.3 GHz i5 8GB RAM OS X 10.11.6 iMac 2.7GHz i5 8GB RAM OS X 10.9.5
Thanks all for your suggestions - Apple ID all good.

Fixed it in the end, by re-copying the original PC iTunes Library file, then used the 'option+click' to open iTunes to select the Library to open.
All downloaded apps now visible as expected.

Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.