Canon Printer software. :Not-Amused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, 21.5",OSX, Mojave Late 2012. Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5. Memory now has 16GB. + macbook
I didn't know where else to put this so here goes. I've got the MX715 printer/scanner/fax and tried to use the 'easy-photo print EX' software, but it won't work on OS X 10.12.1. I searched the Canon site and could only find drivers for 10.11 which was confirmed by the lady that I could barely understand at Canon. I got this message when I tried to use it.
Canon..jpeg
and here's the info' on the mac.
Canon 3.jpeg
Does anyone know if I'll be able to get drivers that will work with 10.12.1 ?
Not happy with Canon.

Canon 2.jpeg

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, 21.5",OSX, Mojave Late 2012. Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5. Memory now has 16GB. + macbook
I didn't know where else to put this so here goes. I've got the MX715 printer/scanner/fax and tried to use the 'easy-photo print EX' software, but it won't work on OS X 10.12.1. I searched the Canon site and could only find drivers for 10.11 which was confirmed by the lady that I could barely understand at Canon. I got this message when I tried to use it.
View attachment 25338
and here's the info' on the mac.
View attachment 25340
Does anyone know if I'll be able to get drivers that will work with 10.12.1 ?
Not happy with Canon.

The second info' panel shouldn't be there, I updated the software as much as possible and can't get rid of the original (lower) one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Canon are notoriously slow getting off their rear ends and upgrading drivers for OS X upgrades. Shoot them an email and ask what they intend to do about it or do you have to go to a Brother, Epson etc.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm going to second what Harry said. As everyone on here probably knows by now, I'm not a lover of Canon printers. Poor service, lousy instructions, drivers that don't work, and hardware that was put together by a toy manufacturer. Did I mention I don't like Canon printers? :Angry-Tongue: Harry's suggestion of Brother or Epson is a good one. By the way, Canon does make some pretty good cameras. ;D

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, I agree with both of you on all counts and have already said that when it's time for a new printer, it won't be Canon !

I'll certainly fire off an email, but don't expect it to do much good and yes, their manuals and support are ****

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.