How to access Apple Forums?

Reaction score
Hi - Pretty much a complete beginner here, although I've been using an iPad for a couple years. I sought out and found these Mac Forums because I could not find any way to get into the Apple Forums. So that's my first question. Is there some magic to that? It always says something like "Too Many Redirects" or "Can't open page". Am I right to assume there's something broken or maybe they're just neglected?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Keep trying. The page sometimes does not respond because of the number of hits it gets. Also make sure you're using the correct link.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hi - Pretty much a complete beginner here, although I've been using an iPad for a couple years. I sought out and found these Mac Forums because I could not find any way to get into the Apple Forums.

In my opinion there's no "special magic" to the Apple forums.;) You're going to get excellent help here at Mac-Forums as well!!!:)

- Nick

OP
D
Reaction score
Keep trying. The page sometimes does not respond because of the number of hits it gets. Also make sure you're using the correct link.
Thank you. No. I've been using that link. I've just never been able to log into the apple discussion forums. I can read postings there, but I cannot log in. And since I cannot log in, and I can't ask why I can't log in. I thought using Safari might solve the problem, or that logging in from a Mac might solve the problem. But, no... cannot get into the discussions. I've been trying for a day and a half, about as long as I've had this new Mac. First one. Did I mention that? Maybe it's a newbie problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP i7 mid 2012 macOS 10.12
AFAIK you log onto Apple Forums using your AppleID. I've been on there, albeit a long time ago.

All I can suggest is making sure your locality is set properly. An AppleID from one country won't work for Appl services in another.

Congrats on finding this forum in a day and a half. Took me 5 years and I still needed showing.

OP
D
Reaction score
Kevin - I agree it should be just that easy. AppleID, check. Locality, check. Just cannot get there from here. And not just on this device. Maybe I need to make an appointment at the Genius Bar or something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP i7 mid 2012 macOS 10.12
Looks like I'm wrong about the location requirement. I just checked out the link to the US site and signed in with no problem

OP
D
Reaction score
I got on the phone with Apple Support, and she could not get in either. So I created a new AppleID, and that got me in.

I'm now posting in discussions.apple.com to see if anyone there can help. So you can ignore this thread. I didn't intend to crosspost.

Last edited:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I got on the phone with Apple Support, and she could not get in either. So I created a new AppleID, and that got me in.

I'm now posting in discussions.apple.com to see if anyone there can help. So you can ignore this thread. I didn't intend to crosspost.

Why not hang out here??:) You came to Mac-Forums for help to get access to the Apple Forums...and you got help & responses here.:)

As I mentioned above. There's really no special magic with the Apple forums. We have lots of very experienced & very knowledgeable folks here!:)

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Great point. Multiple Apple IDs can be a big headache. If that's the only way to access the Apple Discussion Forums, I recommend passing them up. ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.