How can I change my user name and add an icon?

Reaction score
Hello Everybody:

I registered with a rather defeatist user name, e.g., ABI-Scrambled . The ABI stands for Acquired Brain Injury (golf-ball sized brain tumor, brain hemorrhage, deep coma, all on top of very aggressive, relentless, epilepsy since infancy). I wanted to give you all a heads-up if I am slow on the uptake of your replies.

The type of ABI I have has also given me a killer hormonal disease. (Non contagious) I will die much earlier than my generational cohorts. But I've been working hard, every day for years, to improve. And I have improved somewhat.

I am happy that I've done the best that could be done, given today's technology. So I want to represent myself with a more upbeat, non-apologistic user id and a happy icon. How can I do both of those please. Thanks very much in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hello and sorry for your chronic medical problem (I'm an retired physician) - since you have this single posting only, you could simply re-register under a different user name; otherwise, a moderator would likely be needed to change your current name.

As to an avatar, you can go into your 'Settings' and then select 'Edit Avatar' (see my screen capture below w/ double arrow) - custom images (like mine) or pre-defined avatars can be chosen - NOW, I cannot remember if you need a certain number of minimal posts to be able to use your own image? Hope this helps. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 5.21.10 PM.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@Dave:

We need to be careful about assigning an Avatar or editing a current one. The software which controls Avatars is not working as it's supposed to and may reject editing or assigning a new one. The only Avatars that we can be certain of are the ones that are the default for the forums and are built in. Users with a current Avatar such as mine and yours are probably best left alone since we are not sure that changing or editing will work. We have had problems with Avatars lately with some of our users so this is just a cautionary note. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
@Dave:

We need to be careful about assigning an Avatar or editing a current one. The software which controls Avatars is not working as it's supposed to and may reject editing or assigning a new one. The only Avatars that we can be certain of are the ones that are the default for the forums and are built in. Users with a current Avatar such as mine and yours are probably best left alone since we are not sure that changing or editing will work. We have had problems with Avatars lately with some of our users so this is just a cautionary note. Thanks.

Sorry Chscag - did not mean to cause a problem, but will refrain from such suggestions in the future. Thanks for the explanation. Dave :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not a problem Dave, hopefully we can get that and some other things we're working on with our data base resolved.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.