iPhone 6s to iPad photo move

Reaction score
I'm at the point where my phone is full of data. I have an iPad free of space and I'd like to transfer (not share) pics/video to free up the space on my iPhone.
I'm sure guys have a simple process for this...

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I'm at the point where my phone is full of data. I have an iPad free of space and I'd like to transfer (not share) pics/video to free up the space on my iPhone.................

Hello - you've already received several excellent responses and multiple links, so not sure if you've found a satisfactory solution; if not, then checkout a post (#6) that I left in the iPad Forums HERE (I'm GIRADMAN there) - summarizes a lot of different options - let us know if any of our suggestions helps. Dave :)

OP
E
Reaction score
Just got back to this thread, I'll try these options and let you know how it went.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This came up as malicious content

I have no idea and you don't say where or how it "came up as malicious content".

A bit bizarre to have done so IMHO!!

- Patrick
======

M

MacInWin

I've heard that macupdate is now "bundling" some packages with adware and things the downloader didn't ask for. I don't go there any more. But I doubt that it is truly "malicious" content. Maybe the installer got blocked by Gatekeeper saying it came from an unknown source?

M

MacInWin

That could be because of the recent reports on "bundling" as I said. Search for iMazing go to the developer website.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That could be because of the recent reports on "bundling" as I said. Search for iMazing go to the developer website.

That's why I generally just click and go to the developers site available from the macupdate page, even as an old registered macupdate user.

- Patrick
======

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I'm afraid I agree. Mac update has been regularly shown to bundle unwanted software with the product you are actually buying. It may/may not be worse than that.

Elk, you have made your choice and it sounds fine by the reviews I've read - and it's dead easy to use.

For any others following this thread, it must be emphasised that iMazing is a genuine app, well respected and does an excellent job - though rather pricey.

The developers' site is: https://imazing.com

Ian

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'd like to add that although iMazing is a bit expensive, version 2 (iMazing 2) now also includes the ability to backup and restore your iOS devices without having to use iTunes. This can be an advantage for folks who are not able to update to the latest version of iTunes for one reason or another. The app is actually a great all around iOS utility.

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C'est la vie. One of these things. Glad you got this one to work. Good luck.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.