Photos from imac to iphone not working.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 27"12.2.1 Monterey.1phone 13, iwatch,ipad air
Let me see if I can explain this clearly.
On my Photos app(on icloud and Photos) I have about 20 ALBUMS. I only want to share ONE album on my iphone6.I know how to do that and it works, EXCEPT NOT ALL PICTURE FROM THAT ALBUM GO TO MY PHONE.
For example I have 74 photos in my album on Photos app but only 40 go to my phone.How do I make all 74 go over?
I have been trying for weeks, both from Photos app and my iCloud photos.ALL are there on imac in both places, but there is NO ALBUM marked with ceramics for one, for another when I do find them all scattered by date, they are still not all there.I need this album on my iphone6 to show my students.I hate the new lay out of Photos on my iphone6.
Does any of this make sense and can you give me a very simple answer to follow.
Right now on my phone, 26 photos of the 74 in album only show up on 'HOME'. I HATE HATE HATE how this was changed.I want to just click on 'options' on itunes and click the album I want on my phone and I want ALL pictures in there.There are actually NO ALBUMS per say on my phone.
The photos only show up under PLACES or DATES.I am so confused.
I even tried airdrop and got no where. PLEASE HELP.
Everytime I come here one of you can solve my problem:'(.Anyway to get the old layout back, but mostly how to transfer my CERAMICS album in its entirety.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It sounds like you're doing it correct. Are you sure there is enough space on your iPhone 6 to accommodate all 74 Photos?

OP
royalpei
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It sounds like you're doing it correct. Are you sure there is enough space on your iPhone 6 to accommodate all 74 Photos?

Yes I have gobs of space,I just dont understand why they wont all go over. Thats all I use my phone space fpr is a couple of apps and pictures to teach my students with. I have over 3000 on iCloud, but only want the one folder in its entirety.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
What are the OS versions for both devices? Your iMac specs say you are using macOS 10.10 on it, and you didn't specify for the iPhone.

OP
royalpei
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What are the OS versions for both devices? Your iMac specs say you are using macOS 10.10 on it, and you didn't specify for the iPhone.

Latest update.Its driving me crazy :) I truly do hate the way yhey updated.I dont care about places and faces,I want albums that work :(

OP
royalpei
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am still having this problem, I needed a photo today to show my students in my 'ceramics' folder'. On photos and icloud,the albums are complete,however when I go to itunes and select this: ITUNES.jpg The album on my phone only has half of the photos in the album.
It doesn't matter if I sync with USB or wireless, all of my albums are only half full. I do not want all 3000 plus pictures on my phone,I want to choose the albums only. Yes I have the latest OS on both my imac and iphone.
PLEASE HELP.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@royalpei

I sympathise with your frustration, and I certainly don't want to add to it.

You appear to be doing everything correctly.

My suggestion is that you try a different method - AirDrop - for example.

In the link below is an article detailing just about every way there is of getting pictures from your Mac to your iDevice. At the beginning of the article, you may/may-not need to click on the link: "How to use AirDrop to transfer photos from your Mac to your iPhone or iPad".

https://www.imore.com/heres-how-copy-photos-your-mac-or-pc-your-iphone-and-ipad#airdrop

The article includes the iTunes method you are currently using - just in case.....

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
Just to rule something out - are all the photos the same format? i.e. ar they all jpegs, etc?

OP
royalpei
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You know I never checked that, BUT I would think they would be if all taken with my iphone 6. Thanks,I'll give it a shot.
I just checked only 2 and one was .jpg the other .jpeg could this be a problem? Wow would love it if it were that simple as to change the format :Mischievous:

Well all pictures with the problem do have both formats, .jpg on top and .jpeg on bottom (of info.) I need more time to play with it.

Sue

Last edited:
OP
royalpei
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You know I never checked that, BUT I would think they would be if all taken with my iphone 6. Thanks,I'll give it a shot.
I just checked only 2 and one was .jpg the other .jpeg could this be a problem? Wow would love it if it were that simple as to change the format :Mischievous:

Well all pictures with the problem do have both formats, .jpg on top and .jpeg on bottom (of info.) I need more time to play with it.

Sue

Sadly that did not work...................any other ideas? It happens in every folder, but I really only care about this one.

OP
royalpei
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I found airdrop on my mac, changed settings for airdrop on my phone, but ts not visible on my phone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
AirDrop is usually available under the Share icon, the square with up arrow coming out of it?

OP
royalpei
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
AirDrop is usually available under the Share icon, the square with up arrow coming out of it?

It does not exist on my icloud photos.Only two options, e-mail or Facebook.
OK it is on my photo program.I will try it.

OP
royalpei
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

OK, I sent all of the folder to 'airdrop' but where is 'airdrop on my phone?
I give up------------- I even downloaded instashare and that shows up on my phone, but not on my mac.

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, I sent all of the folder to 'airdrop' but where is 'airdrop on my phone?

Which iPhone do you have and what version of iOS is it running? I have an iPhone 7+ running iOS 10.3.3 and "Air Drop" is located in my Control Center which I can access by swiping up from the bottom of my screen.

OP
royalpei
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Which iPhone do you have and what version of iOS is it running? I have an iPhone 7+ running iOS 10.3.3 and "Air Drop" is located in my Control Center which I can access by swiping up from the bottom of my screen.

Ahhhh thanks, found it.Now how to get the 117 pictures I downloaded from my photos to my iphone 6s has latest download?

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You should be able to sync those photos by using iTunes. Just attach your iPhone to your MacBook Pro, open iTunes and sync the photos. If you have enough room on your phone there should be no problem.

OP
royalpei
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You should be able to sync those photos by using iTunes. Just attach your iPhone to your MacBook Pro, open iTunes and sync the photos. If you have enough room on your phone there should be no problem.

Thats my problem.I have 117 photos in particular folder, but it only syncs with half of them to my phone through itunes.
I did however FINALLY figure out how to get all 117 through airdrop.Only thing I dont like is they went into my camera roll instead of a separate folder.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
When you update to iOS 11 you should be able to move them from the camera roll to the photos folder. Of course that's going to depend on which iPhone you have since not all iPhones will be able to take advantage of the new features of iOS 11.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
where is 'airdrop on my phone?

As our Admin said:

Swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone. You will see this:

S1.jpg

Tap on AirDrop: Receiving

This will open a new field, as shown here:

S2.jpg

I suggest you select "Everyone".

Then you should be ready to go.

The exact details I posted above in this link: https://www.imore.com/heres-how-copy...d-ipad#airdrop

Good luck!

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.