Gma950

C

caveatipss

Although the GMA950 on the Mini is pretty weak with only 64 MB of shared RAM, does anyone know if it relies more heavily on the computer's processor, or on the system RAM? I am wondering if a dual core processor and 2 GB of system RAM would improve its performance dramatically.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
I can't answer your question about the chipset, but adding more ram should show an increase in your frame rates, but by what percentage I don't know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini DC 1.66, Powerbook G4
As techster says, upgrading the RAM will help the situation, but it is difficult to say by how much.

What would people think the GMA950 is equivalent to? (such as geforce fx5200 for example)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
THIS may shed some light.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini DC 1.66, Powerbook G4
Thankyou - that is better than I thought! :)

OP
C

caveatipss

Do you think it would also increase the ability of the core to render more and more graphics on the screen, for example on WoW if more player characters appear all at once?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 17" A Little Piece Of Heaven
Adding the more RAM will definitely help. Maybe not on frame rates alone, but the whole performance and experience.

Reaction score
You can't make up for a lacking GPU with increasing the other specs. More RAM is good to a certain point, but in no way a subsitute for a decent GPU. If you want to actually play games, you shouldn't even consider the mini.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.