Diskmake X won't allow shutdown

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5",mid2011,2.5 GHz,12 GB mem,OSX 10.13.6; iPhone SE; MacBook Air,early2015,1.6 GHz,4GB
Hello. After reading a thread recommending making a bootable copy of the latest El Capitan, I decided I would. I can get El Capitan through my purchased software in the app store. I looked through my applications folder to see if Diskmaker X was still there. I opened it to see if it was still active. Now it will not quit. When I right click on the icon in the dock and click on quit, nothing happens. If I click to hide it, it goes back to the dock. When I try to shut down my computer, I get a message that Safari blocked the shutdown because Diskmaker is still running? Do I actually have to use Diskmaker before it will allow me to shut it down? I was going to anyway, just have to go out for awhile right now.
Sorry I have a mid 2011 iMac running OSX 10.11.6.
Thanks
Dan

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5",mid2011,2.5 GHz,12 GB mem,OSX 10.13.6; iPhone SE; MacBook Air,early2015,1.6 GHz,4GB
Ok, would cancel this thread if I could. Just tried again, only had to click on cancel to get it to quit!! Sorry for posting this.
Dan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Threads are not cance1lled in order to assist others. How did you get out of your problem?

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi Harry, just wanted to cancel the tread as I was embarrassed by starting it in the first place. In trying to quit Diskmaker, I was trying to use the quit option, right clicking on the icon in the dock and selecting "quit". This would not work. Also, I was not allowed the quit option using the drop down menus at the top. The first Diskmaker box had three options to select an operating system to make a disk of, but no "cancel" option. I just selected an option (OSX 10) and the next Diskmaker box had the "cancel" option. Clicking it made it go away.
Dan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.