Outlook 2011 for Mac

Reaction score
Since I upgraded to Sierra my Outlook 2011 for Mac email is not working. My host is Inmotionhosting.com and the settings they have given me allow me to send email but not receive email.

Is there a fix?

M

MacInWin

Welcome to the forum.

Double, triple check that the settings from them are correct. Then call them and ask them to verify the settings. If you can send, then Outlook is working and your connections are ok. It pretty much HAS to be settings.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks Jake but I was on the phone with them for 3 hours and still am unable to receive email - sending I can do. None of my folders have any of the mail I had before updating to Sierra.

M

MacInWin

Those are two different problems. So are you trying to just receive mail, or do you want to try to recover old mails? Or both? The best way to recover old emails is to restore from your backups.

OP
S
Reaction score
Receive. inMotionHosting doesn't have a stable fix for Outlook - I'm moving away from them because I'm having other issues too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.