• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New home office furniture

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro5.1,Dual2.4GHzXeon,10.13.6,4x6TB HD,128GB Mem,Dual 32" monitors
Hello all, it's been a while since my last post, just wanted to share a pic of my new home office furniture. 20161017_233034.jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Very nice! I wish I had a separate room for my home office but for now I have it in one of our bedrooms. But since I have four bedrooms with two empty, not a problem. Where did you get the furniture at? I've seen similar office sets at Havertys Furniture Store here in Fort Worth.

OP
carlhataway
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro5.1,Dual2.4GHzXeon,10.13.6,4x6TB HD,128GB Mem,Dual 32" monitors
Home Office Furniture

Very nice! I wish I had a separate room for my home office but for now I have it in one of our bedrooms. But since I have four bedrooms with two empty, not a problem. Where did you get the furniture at? I've seen similar office sets at Havertys Furniture Store here in Fort Worth.

Good Morning, believe it or not the furniture came from Office Depot. The set is from "Realspace Broadstreet" mfg. I hired a company here in Texas called "Apollo Furniture Assembly" out of Dallas $166.00 (WELL SPENT MONEY) to put the desk and the hutch together. The engineering and quality of manufacturing is superb, the assembler said this company has the best quality of furniture they have seen. Truthfully, at 70 Y.O.A. my days of rug burn on the knees are over! The cartons (four) the lateral file cabinet (1 carton) my wife and I put this together and that is when we decided to hire the assembly done, U-Shaped Desk (2 cartons), hutch (1 carton) and the chair (1 carton) were extremely heavy so if you choose this direction have the delivery guys put them in the room they will be assembled in. The chair was not heavy and I put it together in about 20 minutes. All the connecting points fit perfectly and the desk seams fit completely flat. I paid $876.78 for all the furniture and chair then checked the website and found the exact set on sale, Office Depot gave me a $238.15 refund for price difference so that basically took care of the assembly!

Thank you for your reply!
Carl

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Truthfully, at 70 Y.O.A. my days of rug burn on the knees are over!

Ahh...but there are other ways of getting rug burn on the knees than assembling a home office desk & hutch!;)lol

Playing with the pet dog, playing with the grandkids:)...and a couple other ways!;)

- Nick

p.s. Nice office setup. A lot cleaner than it would be if I was using it!;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Very nice office - congrats! :) We use a spare BR for our iMac, modem/router, and 2 printers w/ an old simple desk that's been w/ us for 30+ years - LOL!

BTW - is that a model of the Titanic (on the top shelf), as shown below? Just curious - seems to be discussion of rebuilding the ship as the Titanic II, apparently delayed. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 2.39.27 PM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.