iPhone 6S Contacts

Reaction score
Does anyone else have problems adding a new contact to their contact list in the latest IOS (10.0.2)?
I add a new contact, but it doesn't show up in the contact list.
Thanks

OP
N
Reaction score
Whoops. Maybe that should have gone in IOS and Apps forum. Sorry.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP i7 mid 2012 macOS 10.12
Never heard of such a thing. Are you able to add a contact that is shared with you via text message , or edit an existing contact?

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Does anyone else have problems adding a new contact to their contact list in the latest IOS (10.0.2)?
I add a new contact, but it doesn't show up in the contact list. Thanks

Make sure you don't have your contacts broken down by groups. I had that same problem until I figured out I actually had two sets of contacts each in their own group. Also, you can sync your contacts via your contacts.app on your Mac as long as you have that choice selected in System Preferences, iCloud.

OP
N
Reaction score
Make sure you don't have your contacts broken down by groups. I had that same problem until I figured out I actually had two sets of contacts each in their own group. Also, you can sync your contacts via your contacts.app on your Mac as long as you have that choice selected in System Preferences, iCloud.

I do have groups, so I will look into that.
I now find that it's only at the first attempt that the details are not saved. If I add them in again, it works. I seem to remember having had this same problem some years back with an iPhone 4.

Reaction score
I once had this problem and as easy as it sounds i just i rebooted it, and i have never had issues with it again but mine was an Iphone 4.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 15" MBP 2.6 i7 GT 650M 16GB RAM/2012 27" iMac 3.4 i7 Radeon HD 6970M 2GB 24GB RAM

I do have groups, so I will look into that.
I now find that it's only at the first attempt that the details are not saved. If I add them in again, it works. I seem to remember having had this same problem some years back with an iPhone 4.
This

Make sure all the groups are checked, also make sure you didn't un-sync or change your password if they are synced from an email, however it sounds like you manually added on but if you default contacts account is an email that you need to update the password for you could run into issues.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.