I finally want to do it myself... Creating a Website using my Mac Notebook?

Reaction score
Hey guys, i have a boyfriend who is an IT tech but would rather die than ask for help. At this point its almost all about trying and trying before finally asking, and i have the urge to finally do it myself. I know its not as hard as it sounds but i need help in creating a website using my Notebook. Anybody who is willing to give a step to step guide through?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
"Web design" is a very generic description that spans a wide range of skills and technologies. It's like saying you want to become a programmer. These are just too high level to be of any use when discussing details.

When it comes to creating websites, the type of the website will dictate the technology that you'd want to use and get comfortable with. If you are looking to setup a blog, you can start with existing CMS (Content Management Systems) packages out there and then spend your time either writing the content or customizing the looking and feel with CSS.

If you want an e-commerce site, you can modify the CMS packages to add that functionality or if you have the programming chops, write the back-end (server and database) with frameworks like Rails, .NET, Grails, etc. talking to a database like PostgreSQL, Mongo, CouchDB and so on. You can then design the front-end using technologies like Angular, React, and so on..

So tell us WHAT you want to create and what your level of expertise is and we can put you on a path that makes the most sense..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Not really 'mate', or should that be mate=ess'? Have done a couple of amatuer f.o.c. sites.

The lass wants to show her boyfriend up so I suggest no experience at all.

OP
M
Reaction score
Oh, well in that case. Thank you mate=ess :) In this case, we are talking about someone with zero experience!

OP
M
Reaction score

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.