Is it possible to run two windows versions on Parallel?

Reaction score
I have windows 8 installed on parallel, but I want to install windows 10 without deleting windows 8. Is it possible to run two virtual machines on Parallel? Is it also possible to migrate my programs and documents from the windows 8 to 10?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Did you try to create a new VM? I never used Parallels, but with VMWare Fusion 5 it was possible.

Reaction score
It is possible to run two windows versions on parallel mode

I have windows 8 installed on parallel, but I want to install windows 10 without deleting windows 8. Is it possible to run two virtual machines on Parallel? Is it also possible to migrate my programs and documents from the windows 8 to 10?

Yes, it is possible!

So why would you want to run multiple operating systems on your Mac?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
So why would you want to run multiple operating systems on your Mac?

I'm guessing what was meant to be said was..."Why would you want to run multiple Windows operating systems on your Mac?"

Since one Windows OS version + the Mac OS count as "multiple operating systems".:)

- Nick

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.