Win7 on 2007 macbook using bootcamp. Driver issues

Reaction score
I have a bunch of driver issues with windows 7 via bootcamp. I need touchpad and audio drivers. How can I get them. The USB disk I created will not run on windows 7. It says this computer is not supported! Any help would be very very grateful!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Which version of OS X are you using? Also, which version of the Boot Camp Assistant is on your drive. I suspect you are running an older OS and thus older Boot Camp Assistant that pre-dates Windows 7.

OP
S
Reaction score
Ferrarr,

Thanks, I found it from your link, I had to click on the number next to the device listed. I am using OSX lion.

OP
S
Reaction score
Ok, tried it, and it says bootcamp x64 is not supported on this machine. Even though I downloaded the correct driver pack. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
You can try a virtual machine like VirtualBox, https://www.virtualbox.org. I used many years ago, but I finally gave up on Windows, on my macs, two years ago.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
OP
S
Reaction score
Good catch Bob. I didn't think og that as a problem.

I think that I have a copy of 32bit vista…I may toss that on. See what happens. I wish I could get a little newer OSX on this and I would not worry at all…the macbook flies compared to windows machines 3 years newer. And even more so. I still have to pop some more ram in it. 4 gb ram and the ssd and it is going to be a great little machine. I have ilife 11, iWork09, office for mac 08 and aperture 2 purchased from ebay. So I can essentially do everything I need to do on it. After I get my new gear, I can give this to my son and he can be perfectly fine with it for another while.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.