A BIG mistake in iTunes Match. Please help.

Reaction score
Hello smart people. I was trying to clean up my iTunes Match library. I came across a triple album, in which the songs were all listed as 1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,3...and so on. I highlights all the songs on disc 1, added "Disc 1" to the album name, and hit save. I double checked, and only the 13 songs on this disc were highlighted. Much to my horror, after hitting OK, EVERY song from this artist, over 25 albums, all appear under the single "Box of Scorpions Disc 1" album. The "UNDO" tab is greyed out. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated by Speedy. Thank you.

Andy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP i7 mid 2012 macOS 10.12
I'd have a look at the info for one of the files, see where Disk 1 is mentioned, then select all of the affected files and remove Disk 1 from whichever field it has populated.

Actually, that's not exactly how I'd do it. I'd be a lot more careful than my first sentence makes me appear, but essentially that's what I'd be looking to do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.