How can I check if iPhone has been hacked?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17 2.8 GHz Intel OS 10.7.3 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Core 2 Duo
Over the weekend I was at a hotel and connected to their wifi. While having lunch I noticed that my phone was dialing on its own. It was dialing a FaceTime 5 digit number. I have never seen anything like this on any of my iPhones.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not sure how you can check if someone hacked into your phone, however, it's unlikely that's what caused your phone to dial a facetime number on its own. If you're in doubt or unsure of what happened, reset your iPhone and then restore from backup. If you have never made a backup of your iPhone, now is a good time to do it. Backup to iCloud first and then to your Mac using iTunes.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17 2.8 GHz Intel OS 10.7.3 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Core 2 Duo
Not sure how you can check if someone hacked into your phone, however, it's unlikely that's what caused your phone to dial a facetime number on its own. If you're in doubt or unsure of what happened, reset your iPhone and then restore from backup. If you have never made a backup of your iPhone, now is a good time to do it. Backup to iCloud first and then to your Mac using iTunes.

You are right. That is a good way to make sure nothing is on it. Have you heard of phones making that FaceTime call before?

Thanks for the advice!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.