• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

DVD Burning Problem.....

T

trkmedic69

I followed the instructions in the very informative Tutorial. Using Toast, the DVD-R seemed to burn successfully but displayed the following error upon completion (image attached).

Now I seem unable to open the DVD automatically or manually on my Mac and it will not play on a Sony DVD player.

Any help appreciated.

error.jpg

OP
T

trkmedic69

Also, after using DVD2oneX there was both a AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders, though the AUDIO_TS had 0k in it so I deleted it... Don't know if this causes a problem?

OP
M

McGyver

I think you should have it on video, not data, although my version of toast is different.

OP
T

trkmedic69

McGyver said:
I think you should have it on video, not data, although my version of toast is different.

I thought that initially as well, but tried what I tried after reading the last few posts on this Tutorial thread:

tp://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1406&page=3 (outdated link removed)

I will try it under the video version today....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
all your settings are correct. i had the same problems for a while.
the problem is in size of your DVD. toast 6 has problems detecting weather data will fit on disc or not. if the difference is small. try to pass your sourse DVD through DVD2oneX twice. now you wont get this error masage and toast will inish the work.

OP
S

Shakermaker

trkmedic69 said:
Also, after using DVD2oneX there was both a AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders, though the AUDIO_TS had 0k in it so I deleted it... Don't know if this causes a problem?

You deleted the AUDIO_TS folder? no no no no no no nono no no no no!

Bad boy!!

Do not delete that folder - re-image with it and you should have no problems

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.