• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

How to make a Mont Blanc pen for under $15

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
I can't take credit for this find as it comes from another site. I did however do it last night took notes all day with my chest poked out. :)

If any of you have used Mont Blanc pens before, or ever gazed at them through a glass case before, then you know how nice they are. What really makes them great though is not the case, but the high quality ink and rollerball. Following the steps on this site (a toddler could do it) you have one of the nicest writing utensils in the world for under $15.

This project involves buying Mont Blanc Rollerball ink refills, then modifying them to fit inside of Pilot G2 pens. The guide calls for a G2 Pro, but the local Office Max only had the regular G2's so I used those. A four pack of pens cost me $5 and the Mont Blanc Refills were $10. Give it a try and enjoy. Post here if you have any problems.

How to make your own Mont Blanc Pen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
interesting...i am quite surprised taht a 200 dollar pen has ten dollar refills though...
i would do this but i like those yellow mechanical pencils where you twist the top or sharpies', havent used a pen in years.
-chris

OP
techster82
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
Hah, yeah those Yellow pencils make me think of my grandmother. That is the only thing she would use for her crossword puzzles. I think the reason the pens cost so much is because one, you pay for the name, and most of them are made out of gold and expensive crap like that. I do have to say that their ink and rollerball write as smooth as a baby's butt.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I have an Apple logo ballpoint pen, (sort of, but not exactly, like these) which I paid $2 for.

I've discovered it works nicely with Parker ballpoint refills. Thusly equipped, it's a very smooth and even-flowing pen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.