Preparing to copy

Reaction score
Hi All,

My kids were trying to copy a large amount of data over to another device and I now have this message box that says "Preparing to copy to xxxx" that will only let me minimize it. This has been like this for over a week. I need to restart my computer for an update but it's not letting me and I'm assuming it's because of this message box. I'd appreciate any thoughts on how I can get this message box to go away.

Thanks,

Don

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Click on Apple icon, Select Force Quit, Select Finder in the list, then click on Relaunch.

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks for the link Rod. I appreciate the help. I followed the steps from ferrarr and the message box has gone away. Thanks ferrarr for the reply.

Have a great night.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Cool, that's great.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.