I've dunnit !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, 21.5",OSX, Mojave Late 2012. Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5. Memory now has 16GB. + macbook
As above, I've finally got on to El Capitan... just in time for the next version I suppose. Anyway, it went nice and smoothly and works fine. I've yet to try my printer, but I hate the thing anyway (Canon MX 715) so no great shakes if it doesn't work. I seldom use it.

One more thing. On my Macbook Air I've got Pages which was pre installed and I quite like it, but on the iMac it's not there. Does anyone know if I should have it ?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi Pete. Congratulations on your upgrade.

If you had Pages before the upgrade, it should be there. If not, go into Mac App Store and look under the Purchases Tab. If you've ever owned it, it should show there and allow you to download it.

If you've never actually owned Pages before (I don't think pre-installed on a new Mac counts, but not 100% sure on that), then you would have to purchase it.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Ian, I just looked and Pages shows under my Purchased tab. I just got it included with my new MBP. I only have my MBP to check my purchases, but I still think the OP, can install through the App Store.

Hoody, if you go into your Mac App Store app and click on the Purchased tab, you should have all the apps you have purchased associated with your Apple ID. You can download and install any of those apps on almost any Mac computer.

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Thanks for that, Bob. Wasn't absolutely certain whether pre-installed counted as purchased.

Well, there should be no problem either way for the OP.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Get ready Pete. mac osSierra should become a general release in September if all goes well. Currently vbeta testers are up to Version 6 and it is quite a smooth, fast operating system. Now you cn change your avatar to show you are up to date.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, 21.5",OSX, Mojave Late 2012. Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5. Memory now has 16GB. + macbook
Thanks for all the replies. I'm on the macbook at the moment, so when I fire up the iMac I'll have a look in the app store and see what's what. Updated profile. Thanks for reminding me Harry.

I've got a couple of programmes I need to check before upgrading again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Finding the iMac more responsive mate? The last couple ofmoperating system seem so to me, and as they use memory in a different manner, great to see 8GB memory which I for one consider necessary.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well Pages was there in purchases, so I now have it again.

Harry, it seems to be a bit better now after a few days. It was definitely slower at first, but maybe things take a while to settle down... I dunno. One little quirk I don't like is the green resize ? button. Where it used to simply shrink or expand the page, it now gives a full screen with no menu bar and you have to press escape, or go to the two arrows that point to each other to get it back to the original size. I couldn't see anything wrong with the way it worked before.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That is right. Spotlight can take quite some time indexing. To get out of fulk page, move the cursor to where the Menu bar normilly is, and it will magically appear. Go to View > Exit Full Screen right at the bottom and violá you will be back in normal mode with the menu and address bar there in front of vou.

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You can get round the green button issue you mention. Hold down the Option key and the green button reverts to its former use.

Give it a try, Pete.

Ian

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Harry and Ian. I'll Try that option key method. On the macbook at the moment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
If you are using the Apple Magic Mouse, you can also use swipe to switch between Spaces.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes I am on the magic mouse and I'll try the swipe as well, as soon as I get on the iMac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.