External DVD burners

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G3 imac 500mhz and 266mhz, ipod mini
Hey I'm planning to buy an internal dvd burner which I will then put into my firewire case to use with my older Imac does anybody know of a list of mac compatible DVD burners because I can't seem to find one.

C

cheezy

applecrisp said:
Hey I'm planning to buy an internal dvd burner which I will then put into my firewire case to use with my older Imac does anybody know of a list of mac compatible DVD burners because I can't seem to find one.

Last year i bought a Dual Layer NEC drive, i think it is a 3250 model and it works like a dream. I think you will find that most DVD burners will be compatible. You just have to make sure the connectors are right. Most Burners use a 16 pin adapter as far as im aware which is a universal plug.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
applecrisp said:
does anybody know of a list of mac compatible DVD burners

If your going to do it yourself, I suggest you use the searchable database on www.xlr8yourmac.com. It is a fairly complete listing and has been extremely helpful to me in the past. You could also look at www.macsales.com, as they carry several "superdrive bundles" at reasonable prices. There are also several companies that will install an internal superdrive or sell you a kit. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is www.fastmac.com, but others in the forums may know of others if you want to consider that route.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.