Some are thumbnails, some .jpg 'images'

S

Steve1

In Finder > Pictures > folder x(y,z) some images are shown as thumbnails before the filename, some as .jpg (see attachment).

2nd question. I used renamer4mac to rename all my photos. The trouble is that when I open my iPhoto library the photos are still listed as (example.) P0986568765.jpg and if I try to print I get a blank page. Though in finder they are listed under the new names which I can open in Preview.

jpg_no thumbnail_02.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5- 1.8Ghz - 1GB of Ram - AND - 17" Intel Core 2 Duo iMac - 2Ghz - 1GB of Ram
Click on your hard drive, then where you store your pictures, and then on the menu bar go to "view" then select "show view options" and it should bring you to the menu below: make sure "show icon preview" is checked. That should do it
Picture3.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 17" A Little Piece Of Heaven
Gotta love the simplicity of a Mac.

OP
S

Steve1

Renaming photos

Hi,
thanks for the tip. It worked.
I have to pick your brains again, if I may.
I have renamed my photos using Renamer4Mac. In iPhotos I have the renamed names, but in HD>Pictures>iPhoto library they are still listed under their old 'nammes', ie: P0987654321.jpg
See attachments. In Originals it's the same. The only renemed ones I see are those I renemed directly through iPhoto>'picture'>information

iFoto_names01.jpg

iFoto_names02.jpg

iFoto_names03.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.