Excel/Word clipboard

Reaction score
Does anyone know is there's a way to replicate the clipboard function from the windows versions of Excel or Word? I use this function a lot by copying things I will need later then pasting them in their proper places later. I'm quite lost without this function. I've tried opening scrapbook which does show what was copied but doesn't allow me to paste it anywhere.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

That particular function does not exist in Mac Office Word or Excel. However, there are several good free clipboard apps available from the Mac App store that do the same thing.

OP
R
Reaction score
Welcome to our forums.

That particular function does not exist in Mac Office Word or Excel. However, there are several good free clipboard apps available from the Mac App store that do the same thing.

Thanks, didn't want to make myself crazy trying to replace it if there was something I was missing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Reaction score
Only the last copy is on that thing that looks like a clip board called paste. The function does not exist.
The second last update of Office for Mac also saw stuff disappear in Mail.

Reaction score
Does anyone know is there's a way to replicate the clipboard function from the windows versions of Excel or Word? I use this function a lot by copying things I will need later then pasting them in their proper places later. I'm quite lost without this function. I've tried opening scrapbook which does show what was copied but doesn't allow me to paste it anywhere.

I use Word extensively on the Macintosh, and I make extensive use of the Word Scrapbook to copy things, save them for later, and then pasting them where I want them. I do the latter by simply highlighting what I want to paste and then choosing "Paste" at the bottom of the Scrapbook window. However, I'm not using the latest version of Word, so I can't say if this feature is still intact in Word 2016. I tend to strongly suspect that it is still intact, though, because I'm on a Mac discussion list for literally thousands of attorneys, and if this feature was removed they would all be screaming quite loudly. :cool:

If you want to ask questions about Word and Excel, and get answers from experts, you can ask them here:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office?auth=1

If you want a really nice clipboard manager, check out this one:

Clippings (free)
http://createlivelove.com/1104/clippings-the-cute-clipboard-manager-with-long-term-memory/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
???
I use the Mac version (2011) and the Windows version. I've never had an issue with copy/paste in either one.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thanks to Randy for the information regarding the Mac Office Word "Scrapbook". That feature is not well known and often overlooked (including by me). However, if you don't use Mac Office then there are several free clipboard apps that can be downloaded from the app store.

Reaction score
Thanks to Randy for the information regarding the Mac Office Word "Scrapbook". That feature is not well known and often overlooked (including by me). However, if you don't use Mac Office then there are several free clipboard apps that can be downloaded from the app store.

A tip about the Word Scrapbook... If you hold down the Command key, you can choose several items to paste at the same time, even non-contiguous items. If you hold down the Shift key and choose the first item in the Scrapbook, all of the scrapbook items will be chosen, and you can then paste them all at one time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.