Mail is reloading emails after I delete them

Reaction score
This is new. I have never had to delete emails multiple times but recently whenever I delete a group of emails (searched for a particular sender), they reload immediately after I delete. Then I have to delete again. What is going on? Does anybody know?

OP
K
Reaction score
Never mind!! I figured it out. It is searching "all" mailboxes & folders. So when it goes into trash, then it is showing me the ones in trash! before I can get up to the spotlight and erase my search criteria. Now what I'd like to know is how to search just the inbox, not ALL folders and mailboxes, please. This is obviously some setting that got changed because I haven't had this problem in the past.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
First of all, kudos for figuring out the first half of your problem on your own. What are we going to do if our members keep solving their problems on their own? LOL our brain trust won't have anything to do with their spare time.

Sorry I didn't answer this sooner. You did such a good job answering the first half of the question I didn't realize there was a question still there. As for is for searching a specific mailbox do the search from within Mail itself. Before you start the search, click on the mailbox that you think the message is in. Now type the search phrase into the search box in the upper right corner of the mail program. That should confine the search to a specific mailbox.

I think this quote from mail help system will answer your question "Tip: If you know you want to search in specific mailboxes, select them in the Mail sidebar before you start." Select a specific mailbox. If you select "inbox" it seems to include items in the trash in the search results

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.