Logic Pro X not recognizing FireStudio

Reaction score
I'm running El Capitan 10.11.6
and Logic Pro X 10.2.4

Fire wire cable 800/400 plugged into thunderbolt adapter

The Firestudio 26x26 is showing that it's connected to my computer in the system information. I have uploaded the most recent drivers, as well as uninstall and reinstall them. I've rebooted everything. The light is blinking red and blue. I can not find a way for Logic Pro X to recognize the device and allow it as my input option. I've registered at presonus to be able to talk to their community, but I'm not allowed to ask a question yet on there for some reason. Does anyone know what I can do to solve this issue?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16” M1max 32/1tb and bunch of other mac/apple stuff
if you haven't already solved it, make sure you also, in addition to setting the audio input and output in sys preferences, in logic, go> logic pro x> preferences>audio, and set your audio device there as well. If you haven't already. Just because it's selected in system preferences doesn't mean logic knows about it. At least I have to do this for it to work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.