Installation

Reaction score
Hi i am new to mac as i have just bought a macbook. I was always on windows and now want to change. I am setting my newly mac and wanted to have another email app instead of the apple mail. I have downloaded polymail zip file, unzip it but have found polymail.app and macosx folder. I know only to install .dmg file but this one can't figured it out. Can anyone pls tell me how to install this one as i have told i am new to mac. Thanks for your support.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

When you double click a .dmg file it is normal for it to open a window advising dragging to the Applications Folder. Then going into the folder, opening it and setting up Preferences etc. One question. Polymail comes in an iOS and OS X version. You did get the correct version and what OS X are you using?

OP
R
Reaction score
G'day and welcome to the forums.

When you double click a .dmg file it is normal for it to open a window advising dragging to the Applications Folder. Then going into the folder, opening it and setting up Preferences etc. One question. Polymail comes in an iOS and OS X version. You did get the correct version and what OS X are you using?

I have downloaded the one Download for Mac. My os is el capitan. As i have said the downloaded file was a zip file. When i unziped it give 2 folders. See image below: polymail.jpg . So how to install it.

M

MacInWin

Your screenshot seems to be Windows, not OS X. What are you trying to do?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Ditto here. What you're showing us is a screenshot of Windows not Mac OS X. Anyway... just click on the Mac version zip file you downloaded and it will create an installer app which will appear in the upper right corner of your screen. Drag the installer icon to your Applications folder and it will install. From there, open the app and follow instructions. Very easy to do. I have no knowledge of this mail app so can not give you any other information regarding it. The Apple Mail app is the one I use.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.