mystery events appear on iphone 5s calendar

Reaction score
the last few weeks events have been appearing on my iphone calendar that I did not create. For example "Krock Trash" meaning I suppose I should take out the trash for Krock. I don't know anyone named Krock, didn't create the event.

I am not sharing my calendars with anyone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air Mid-2012 / iMac Retina 5K Late-2014
Have you looked at all of the sources for calendars and verified that they are all, in fact, yours? Sometimes, you can add in something like a Google calendar and that will import additional calendar items that you have subscribed to.

Start by looking at the color associated with the event as this will tell you the calendar that it came from.

OP
P
Reaction score
the color associated with the mystery events is a gray green which is not associated with any of the calendars on my phone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Do you have the option enabled to automatically add items found in Mail?

Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars

All the way at the bottom is an option called "Events Found in Mail"

OP
P
Reaction score
Events found in mail is off; also the mystery events appearing in the calendar are not in my mail

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Open the Calendars app, touch Calendars at the bottom, and look to see exactly what calendars are configured and what their respective colors are.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.