• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Playback issues with my 2.3GHz dual core/GeForce 6600

M

martian23

Has anyone out there had any video playback issues on a PM 2.3 dual core or with the g-force 6600?

Specifically two things are happening.

One, when I watch .avi in QT(Pro) in full screen mode, my computer occasionally does a total freeze. Sometimes the video freezes and you hear an audio skip sound repeating. Other times it's just a video freeze, but in both cases the machine needs to restart from the power switch.

Two, the other glitch happens when I watch full screen video and when I am in photoshop sometimes. If the image (or vid) that is filling the screen (and only when it is fullscreen) is particularly dark, the focus of the entire monitor gets fuzzy and the whole sceen darkens too much. As soon as the scene brightens in whatever video I am watching, (or I close the file in photoshop), the sharpness and brightness normalize. I am starting to suspect this problem could be monitor related. I have an older 21" Radius CRT, though I never had this problem with my last Mac that it was attached to.

Any insight into either of these two issues would be most appreciated

Martian

:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.