Bootcamp Bomboclat

Reaction score
Hi folks.

I did a bad thing. I tried using Bootcamp assistant to install Windows and messed around with the partitions in the Windows installer.

The first time I tried to install Windows, there was no option to format the partition to NTFS as described in the instructions.

Long story short - I have been trying to reformat my main volume into one OSX partition as requested so I can try again, but I haven't been successful yet even with the help of Apple support.

I've tried following all the instructions to reformat the Fusion drive (including internet recovery) and each time Bootcamp assistant still tells me the main volume needs to be one partition of OSX Journaled.

I did manage to remove the Windows partition (by the looks of it) that Bootcamp wanted rid of by using terminal.

Where should I go from here? I want to reformat the whole drive and start from fresh (I have a Time Machine backup, although I'm worried that restoring from it may bring back the same issues?) Even if I get Bootcamp assistant to work, will I just run into the same problem of not being able to format into NTFS?

Be gentle with me plz.

Any help much appreciated.

James

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
First, do you have a backup of your important data? Everything like pictures, music, documents, and video? You may have to erase and reinstall your OS to the drive.

What OS X version is your mac running?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.