3 questions on pop-ups.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro Retina 13. 8GB memory, El Capitan; iPhone 6s.
Hi guys, being bugged a bit by these items recently. First time I have seen the first 2 in the 7 months on this Mac
#1 Keychain. Why am I suddenly being bugged for a password for this? How do I turn it off.
#2 accountsd. This showed up tonight and won't let me continue unless I input my password, had to do it, how do I turn this gem off?
#3 autofill. I know how to spell my name. I turned this off on my iPhone but do not know how to turn this demon off on my mac.
All help would be vastly appreciated.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Keychain "First Aid" does not exist. I did have to come up with a "stronger" pin for iCloud and I think that caused keychain to ask each time I logged in. I think I have that handled now with a new keychain.
The "autofill" is much more difficult. It has so many links to banking and fave places that I do not know which to try to block. Don't want to have to revert to my master pin book to log in to everything I use, so will have to live with that.
Thanks for the insight.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apparently I do not have the keychain handled. I initially chose a password for my mac and all was well until last month when iCloud decided the password was not strong enough. I came up with a new password and every time I log on keychain wants the old password. Thought I had it sorted a few days ago when I got keychain to accept the new password, however that did not last. Today I restarted and inputted my new password and here comes keychain wanting the old one to continue.Your previous input, using First Aid, does not exist, is there another way to get the new password into keychain? Thanks all.

M

MacInWin

Try this: Open Keychain Access, then click on Login in the left column. Now click Edit and "Change Password for Keychain login" and enter the new password. Don't know if it will work, but it's there to be tried.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That seems to have fixed it, tried restart three times and no keychain problems. Thanks MacInWin.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.