Photos vs Pictures?

Reaction score
just bought Macbook Pro and need help - is there an easy direct way to download photos from samsung mobile galaxy s6?

When I import photos from a usb noticed that the folders are not imported into Photos even tho they were in Pictures - how do I retain the folders on Photos?

What is the difference be Photos and Pictures??

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

"Pictures" is a system folder on your Mac which will contain all of your images. You might notice that the "Pictures" folder also contains the "Photos" and "Photo Booth" libraries. "Photos" is an application on your Mac where you can categorize, sort, and edit photos. "Photo Booth" is an application that's used with your Mac's built in camera. (iSight Camera)

Here's an older article which gives information about transferring photos from an Android phone to your Mac, however it still applies.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for info - have read older article indicated but not much help

How do I get photos from my photos in their folders from "Pictures" to "Photos"?

Noticed that my photos can only be exported from "Photos" 1 by 1 - really tedious

Would anyone know where I can get hep in this whole area of photos management in Australia - even any relevant readings or articles will be tremendously useful

Thanks a million

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I can't answer answer all of your photos questions but you might find this video and this article helpful. The article is somewhat lengthy so it may be good to read it in parts.

You can export more than one photo at a time by doing the following:
1. Launch Photos and select the files by clicking on the first photo you want to export and shift-click others you want to use / export. You can also select the photos by clicking between them and dragging over them much like you do when selecting multiple files in Finder.
2. Go to the File menu and choose Export. A menu that slides out to the right gives you a few options. Pick one of those.
3. A dialog will appear allowing you to choose the format for the photos and a naming pattern to follow. Make your choices.
4. Another dialog will appear and let you choose the location where files will be saved.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.