How do I mark a podcast as "played" in iTunes?

M

MacInWin

Version 12.4.1.6, OS X 10.11.5

I used to be able to right click on a podcast and one of the options was to mark the podcast as played. Now that is gone and I've not found where they moved it. I have a podcast I subscribe to that I want to listed to Monday through Friday, but not the repeats on weekends. Unfortunately, you cannot subscribe to only M-F, so I was marking weekends as played and they disappeared. I haven't been on in a while, so I don't know when iTunes changed, but the old process isn't there and I've hunted around but all the sites I've found that discuss it refer to either the iPhone, or use the process that no longer works.

OP
M

MacInWin

Sorted it. Disconnected the iPhone and the display changes in Podcasts. Now a right click opens with "Mark as Played" as an option. I cannot fathom why Apple thought it smart to have one menu when the device is connected and another when it is not, but at least I can mark the weekend podcasts as played and NOT have them on the iPhone.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Glad you worked that out. I was checking the Take Control of iTunes 12 book to see if it had a solution.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.