• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

ipad mini access to android apps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2017 running Mojave, iPhone 12, iPad 6th generation
i have an old iPad mini (wifi only with 12GB, i think) which i would like to give to my grandsons.
they currently play minecraft...an app purchased/downloaded on their fathers android, think it is samsung.
they also play netflix.

since the minecraft app they had to pay for. i was wondering, would they be able to access it on the iPad mini?
I presume netflex is no charge and that would not be a problem.

i would appreciate a reply asap as they are leaving to go home in about 10 hours.
thanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
since the minecraft app they had to pay for. i was wondering, would they be able to access it on the iPad mini?
I presume netflex is no charge and that would not be a problem.

This may be a solution:

http://9to5mac.com/2011/10/07/android-apps-on-your-ipad-theres-an-app-for-that/

i would appreciate a reply asap as they are leaving to go home in about 10 hours.
thanks

Whenever you have a time sensitive issue like this…don't overlook all tools at your disposal (personally initiated internet searches). Found the answer above in less than 5 seconds.:)

Especially on a holiday weekend (today is July 4th…Independence Day in the US).:)

- Nick

OP
lori5060
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thnx for ur reply. yes I realize was bad timing to post this but spur of moment and thought I wuld try.
I looked into this app and it looks pretty good for many apps. except my grson already had downloaded this particular one and paid for it. with this android app, he wuld need to download again. don't think he will do that as he has two sons who play and he downloaded it twice so they wuld have their own games.
he is not too computer illiterate and ole gramma here is trying her best to help out!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
To play Minecraft on the iPad, it should be purchased through the iTunes App Store and synced to the iPad. My son had to buy it on iOS, Android, Xbox and computer versions, to keep playing it where he wanted.

OP
lori5060
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thnx all
I discovered later that minecraft was purchased via iPhone. not sure if can sync iPhone and iPad as they have different Apple IDs.
and not sure what all is synced, do t want mins private info and CC info available to kids.
may just have to purchase again, however all stars of orevulious plays will be lost .

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.