What is the best radio app/programm for Mac

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm searching for a good Radio app/programm for mac or also possible a URL where I can listen easily to my favorite Radio stations.

Any recommendations/experiences?

Thanks in advance :)

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@Wingman76,

Welcome to Mac-Forums. Glad you could join us.

First off, you could start with Apple's own features via iTunes. There, you can select a very large range of internet-based radio stations divided up into numerous genres. This is free.

You could pay a monthly fee for Apple Music. That provides access to 30 million or more songs which can he heard individually; or you can construct your own "radio" which plays the kind of music you like.

Moving on to third party apps — this becomes a very personal choice obviously. I am very fond of Radium, a pay-for app which gives you access to thousands of radio stations world wide; again selected by genre, style etc. The music currently being played is usually displayed in the top Menu Bar of your Mac, allowing you the chance to note it and explore new music. Radium can be purchased via the App Store.

Others will have their favourites, so more ideas may follow mine.

Ian

Reaction score
Or you could just go to IHEARTRADIO on the web. Kinda what they do there.

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi Craig,

IHEARTRADIO sounds great. I've researched it, but apparently it's not available in the UK. Not even as a stream from their website and certainly not as an app.

I may find a way. But the good news is that you, and hopefully others, will suggest all sorts of options for the OP.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rdGen, iPhone 13 ProMax, Watch S7, 2018 15" MBP, AirPods Pro
Most radio stations stream live content online now, have you tried looking for your favorite station online?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air Mid-2012 / iMac Retina 5K Late-2014
There are also free VPN services out there that would allow you to connect your machine up and "act" like you're in the States or somewhere else. That might give you access to things like iHeartRadio.

Reaction score
I have something new that might be just the thing.

TuneIn Radio
http://tunein.com/

There is both a free version, and a pay version if you want to get rid of commercials. You can listen via the Web, or via a free app. They offer both local and world-wide stations. I'm afraid that I don't know if they are available outside of the U.S. yet.

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
TuneIn Radio app for iPhone and iPad is available in the UK. My wife and I have it. Only reason I didn't mention it is because the OP said they wanted an app for the Mac which, as far as I know, doesn't exist; but streaming from their website could be an option.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.