Mac keeps on failing to boot

Reaction score
Helloo Everyone,

New to the site...

About a week ago my mac suddenly crashed and I had to do time machine recovery.
After hours of trial and error I finally managed to recover the OS and have it work.

But ever since, it keeps on freezing if I use it for a long time (mostly for over 7hours or so), and if I force it to turn off by using the power button and try to turn it on again it doesn't turn on at once, it rather keeps on turning itself on and off a dozen times and manages to boot at last. I have tried to reset the SMC and PRAM but nothing seems to help.

In addition , it keeps on opening opening two library folders with string files every time it starts up.

would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2016-06-08 at 5.34.26 PM.png

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Need to know:

- What exact model Apple computer you have?
- What OS version it's running?
- Have any hardware upgrades been done to it recently (hard drive, SSD, ram, etc.)? Assuming it's a model that can be upgraded.
- Any accidents (bumps, drops, liquid spills, etc.)?
- Anything else done from a troubleshooting perspective…other than the Time Machine recovery, SMC reset, PRAM reset?

* Nick

OP
T
Reaction score
@pigoo3
Thanks for the quick help.

- The model is late 2011, Macbook Pro
- Running OS mountain (updated it recently to El capitan)
- Havent upgraded any hardware
- No major bump or drops...no liquid spills at all...(I'm quite careful with it)
- I haven't doen anything special other than the standard way of time machine recovery.
* just to give you more info, it crashed while I was using it with no problem (sort of blinked a couple of times and crashed).
I couldn't boot to safe mode and recovery mode at first, after quite a few trials I succeeded to boot to recovery mode and then recovered it using time machine that I backed up on external hard disk.

Hope I have given you enough info.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.