Here's an Oddity.

Reaction score
I cannot load images into 'Photos' from the web. I click to save them to 'Photos', the Photos icon hops up an down but they do not appear in any folder at all. I used to be able to do this without any problem.
Ideas please??
G

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What happens when you try to save those same images to your downloads folder? And of course... you are making sure the images you're trying to save are not copyrighted and therefore may be protected?

OP
G
Reaction score
I've not tried that, and I only used public images if that's what they are called, well anyway not Copyright protected ones. I'll see it I can download them to the download folder tonight. Thanks for the reply.
G.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Try saving to desktop then dragging them into Photos where they will appear in Last Import. I don't seem to have the option to save direct to Photos (OS 10.11.5)

Screen Shot 2016-06-08 at 10.47.06.png

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Does the same bouncing up and down occur when you open Photos occur when you are working with one of your existing images? A bounce or two might be normal depending upon the speed of your machine but it shouldn't get stuck there. When you say they do not appear in any folder do you mean don't appear in a regular folder or don't appear once Photos is open?

OP
G
Reaction score
Does the same bouncing up and down occur when you open Photos occur when you are working with one of your existing images? A bounce or two might be normal depending upon the speed of your machine but it shouldn't get stuck there. When you say they do not appear in any folder do you mean don't appear in a regular folder or don't appear once Photos is open?
Sorry Sly, I could have sworn I answered this earlier. The Photos icon just bounces a couple of times like it does when you open the App but the images don't appear anywhere in Photos, not in any folder or 'Last import' or anywhere. Weird. I can get them in from desktop or 'downloads'
G

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@garigoun,

I'm not so certain that this is "odd" behaviour. Like Sue on post #4, I can't download from the web straight into Photos, but downloading to the "Downloads" Folder (the default option) or to the Desktop, allows a quick drag and drop on the Photos icon in the Dock.

I think this is the way it's designed to happen?

Ian

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which is why I asked in post #2 if he tried downloading to his downloads folder. You are quite correct Ian, that you can not download images directly to Photos, however, you can import them from your iPhone or iPad. And I suppose that may be why some folks assume images from the web can be downloaded directly to Photos.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.