Adobe Installer stuck!

Reaction score
Can anyone give me some advice... last night I went to install Flash Player and it's stuck, still installing. I have tried to quit it and it just comes back with the installation dialogue stuck in the middle of my screen at 5%.
I even tried to close down the machine, but because it is still installing, it won't let me!!

Please help!! Thank you!

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Welcome to Mac-Forums again.

More questions than definitive help at this moment. Sorry.

First off, from where were you downloading Flash Player? One should only download from Adobe's own site. Or, if updating Flash Player, the best way is via System Preferences, click on Flash Player > Updates.

I'm afraid there are a lot of dodgy sites out there that claim to offer Adobe Flash Player.

Next, knowing which Mac model/year and especially which OS, would assist. And which browser please?

I presume that you are not being allowed to Force Quit?? Click on Apple Icon in Menu Bar > Force Quit > choose your browser from the list and force quit. Which brings us to the fact that your download must be via a browser.

So, a possible solution is as follows:

Turn off WiFi and/or remove Ethernet cable from Mac — ie totally disconnect your Mac from the internet.

Now try force quit of browser.

Reboot. Open browser and delete history.

Reconnect Mac to Internet. If using Safari, hold down Shift Key and open Safari.

These suggestions might vary depending on your answers to the questions above, but try them out and please post back.

Ian

OP
S
Reaction score
Thank you Ian.

I've got the iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) El Capitan version 10.11.1 - I imagine that means more to you than it does me!!!

I'm embarrassed to say that I hadn't spotted the "force quit" option until you mentioned it and it has done the trick, so thank you. I am very unfamiliar with Apple - I've only ever had an iPad before this week. (You can probably tell!)

I think I have learned my lesson on not going direct to the site for downloads... I'll do that in future :)

Thank you again!
Sarah

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Dear Sarah

It was a pleasure to be able to help. We are all beginners in one way or another, so no worries.

Treat the Mac-Forums as a second home. We are all here to assist - and learn!

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Sarah see the littl thumb up under Ian's thread? Click on it and leave him some feedback for being so helpful. He is a very nice fellow (for a mixed up Scottish-Welsh-Pom)!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
…He is a very nice fellow (for a mixed up Scottish-Welsh-Pom)!

He seems to be but I often wondered about his listed "Location:"
Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales… — did he get kicked out of all the other places until Wales seems to have finally let him stay…???

But he does seem to manage the English language quite well… ;)

- Patrick
======

OP
S
Reaction score
Sarah see the littl thumb up under Ian's thread? Click on it and leave him some feedback for being so helpful. He is a very nice fellow (for a mixed up Scottish-Welsh-Pom)!

I'm pretty sure I already did that.

I do forum etiquette far better than mac navigation ;-)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Can anyone give me some advice… last night I went to install Flash Player and it's stuck, still installing. … … …
Please help!! Thank you!

Just for your info now that you've got Flash installed, you should now have a "Flash" option in your System Preferences you can use for future updates and other options. Just in case you didn't notice.

And Java can work the same way if you need or use it after the initial legit download:
https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=test+java&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey guys, what fun - as it's meant to be.

He is a very nice fellow (for a mixed up Scottish-Welsh-Pom)!

Yes completely mixed up, as you say, Harry. Marriage had a lot to do with thatO:) (She doesn't read the Forums!)

Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales… — did he get kicked out of all the other places until Wales seems to have finally let him stay…???

Good point, Patrick. Not sure how long the Welsh will tolerate me; but from their point of view, at least I'm not English:)

But he does seem to manage the English language quite well

Hey, I'll tell you, my English is only good in comparison with my Welsh!

Friendly banter and courtesy, the bases of a great Forum. Thanks for making me smile:)

Ian

OP
S
Reaction score

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.