Boot Camp on Mac Mini Server 4,1 (mid-2010 model)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini Server 4,1 (2.66GHz Core2Duo CPU, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD), iPhone SE 2nd gen (128GB)
As I still do have a need for some Windows applications - both practical ones and games - I was hoping to be able to run Windows on my Mac, but the specific model I have is not listed on the relevant page of the Apple Support site (the first Mac Mini server that is officially supported seems to be the 2011 model)...

Can I just use the Boot Camp version 4 (or 5) software anyway to install a 64-bit copy of Windows 7, despite it not being officially supported; and, if I can, can I then update that installation to the even-moreso-not-officially-supported-for-that-model Windows 10 without breaking the installation?

Cheers in advance for any replies/advice ??

image.jpeg

Reaction score
Is there a application named 'Bootcamp' in your Launchpad thing or programms folder? If yes, just try installing it, but back up your System on a second drive. If no, I don't think ther's a Chance to install Windows. But as far as I know, all Intel based Macs are supporting windows

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.