• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Intel PowerBook

E

ewolk

are they going to make an Intel 12' Powerbook?
and will there be a 12' pb wide-screen?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
They are called "MacBook Pro" not "Intel PowerBook". It is unclear what the next hardware updates for the MacBook Pro line will be.

OP
E

ewolk

i know what MBPs are, what i wanted to find out is if there are any PBs upgrades comming. POWERBOOKS, not MACBOOK PRO, u know, with the PBs prices

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Oh, I would not expect any. I'm rather surprise that Apple is still selling G4 based Powerbooks at all to be honest.

OP
T

Tiranis

ewolk said:
i know what MBPs are, what i wanted to find out is if there are any PBs upgrades comming. POWERBOOKS, not MACBOOK PRO, u know, with the PBs prices

No, you apparently don't know. MacBook Pro is replacement for Powerbook. If you want to know if there are going to be 12" Intel Powerbooks then you should, in fact, be asking if there are going to be 12" MacBook Pro.

Quite obviously, nobody knows... it's not like we have some magical fairy to tell us what Apple is planning to do next.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
the powerbook line is in the process of being dropped. the next update regarding powerbooks is going to be taking them off of the apple site, out of the stores and out of production.

a 12 and a 17 inch macbook could be the next upgrades to the macbook pro line but i can not imagine that being this year.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
I think it would be cool if they made a MacBook, not a MacBook Pro, but a MacBook, that was a BIT more cost-friendly, maybe take a few of the specs down ever so slightly. Like maybe take away the iSight and Remote and a few other features... That I would buy. I was fine with the MBP, but it was too expensive for me...

Reaction score
BlindingLights said:
I think it would be cool if they made a MacBook, not a MacBook Pro, but a MacBook, that was a BIT more cost-friendly, maybe take a few of the specs down ever so slightly. Like maybe take away the iSight and Remote and a few other features... That I would buy. I was fine with the MBP, but it was too expensive for me...

They will...

That's the ibook's replacement

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, but I'd rather have the steel look than the iBook's white... I mean, I love white, it's just that the iBook just seems like it gets dirtier a little more easier than the PowerBook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
IMO Apple reserves the Titanium/Silver color for its professional line (MBP, Powerbook, Powermac G5 etc) whereas home use has seemed to take white as its color (iBook, iMac)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
haha yeah i noticed that a while ago too...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.