How many days after a WWDC an apple product is available in stores?

Reaction score
I'm looking forward for the new Macbook pro 2016, and I was wondering how much days after the WWDC it will be available to buy online.

Thank you in advance.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
In days gone by…new Apple products were available the same day as they were announced. But more recently Apple seems to be going a different route…where some products are available the same day…and some are available later (days or a couple weeks).

And if you live in a country outside the United States (not sure where you are)…sometimes new products are delayed longer.

Bottom line. As far as I'm aware…no hard-fast rule to relay. But usually if a new product is not available the same day…it's usually not too long before it is.

Just got to wait & see.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
It depends on the demand Apple is expecting. For iPhones and iPads, demand is insane, therefore historically rollouts have been limited to "key countries" (US, Germany, UK, Singapore ...) about 1 week post the keynote, and about another week or two for second tier countries (Canada, Australia, Switzerland, ...)

As for Macbooks, you can expect a slightly faster rollout than that, and for any other products (Apple TV, accessories, software) you can expect same day.

But in the case of Macbooks at WWDC, you won't have to wait months. Apple usually pre-announces months ahead only if they need significant PR time, need to ramp up production, or are introducing a brand new category (say, a car...).

OP
L
Reaction score
It depends on the demand Apple is expecting. For iPhones and iPads, demand is insane, therefore historically rollouts have been limited to "key countries" (US, Germany, UK, Singapore ...) about 1 week post the keynote, and about another week or two for second tier countries (Canada, Australia, Switzerland, ...)

As for Macbooks, you can expect a slightly faster rollout than that, and for any other products (Apple TV, accessories, software) you can expect same day.

But in the case of Macbooks at WWDC, you won't have to wait months. Apple usually pre-announces months ahead only if they need significant PR time, need to ramp up production, or are introducing a brand new category (say, a car...).

Correct me if I am wrong but what I understand from you is that the Macbook pro will be available online lets say at apple site, Best Buy, etc.. at the same day of the WWDC?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Correct me if I am wrong but what I understand from you is that the Macbook pro will be available online lets say at apple site, Best Buy, etc.. at the same day of the WWDC?

None of us really know 100% what the future will bring. Just have to wait & see.:)

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

No, not necessarily. In the past Apple has gone both ways with new products announced at the WWDC. Like Nick stated above, the new MacBook Pro may be available the same day it is announced (on line orders) or it may be several weeks before it becomes available. You'll just have to wait and see. Apple is very secretive about what they will or will not do. ;D

Reaction score
It highly depends on what production challenge this new Macbook Pro might face. If it's a very new design, it may take time to ramp up and we could be talking about weeks.

In any case, we could make a more informed recommendation if we knew what your concern is - are you looking to buy one now against buying in June? The safest bet would be that a new Macbook Pro will be in your hands by Mid-July the latest.

OP
L
Reaction score
If it won't be available to buy online until 26 june then I will have to buy the dell xps 15, I have a good reason for that

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If it won't be available to buy online until 26 june then I will have to buy the dell xps 15, I have a good reason for that

Maybe you want to share the "good reason"…or maybe not. But if someone wants a MacBook Pro (running the Mac OS)…then they want a MacBook Pro running the Mac OS. If you really really really need a MacBook Pro before June 26th…then buy a:

- current model MacBook Pro
- refurbished model MacBook Pro
- used MacBook Pro

* Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.