Problems with Photos!!!

Reaction score
I'm having problems when I import photos from my Mac file to the PHOTOS program. These pictures in turn are not being transferred to my iPhone when I sync my phone in iTunes. What am I doing wrong???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
If you have the Photos App, and are using iCloud, then they should sync over WiFi or Cellular or both, depending on how you set it up.

Now saying that, what do you mean 'Mac file' ? And while you are at it, let us know what iOS .v is on what iPhone and the Mac specs and OS you are running.
I haven't sync'd my phone or iPad to iTunes in quite some time (talking years) so I can't run you through that process. Now looking at iTunes, under Photos mine has "TattooedMacs iPad air2 can access Photos in iCloud. Photos can be downloaded via Cellular or WiFi"

OP
R
Reaction score
My computer is the iMac with Yosemite vs. 10.10.5 iPhone is vs. 9.3.1

Now when I'm in Photos and I import photos to the program this is what I'm talking about files! these imported files or photos will not sync to my iPhone. And this automatic transfer through the iCloud to all my devices doesn't work very well. Apple is turning out to be a piece of crap. Everything from downloading stuff to my computer which takes forever to this other stuff we are talking about. Seriously thinking of going back to windows and an android phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
I never use anything other than My Photo Stream to sync photos to my phone or iPad. So long as you have the settings correct on all devices - which is Photo Stream switched on and wifi available - they do share. I don't use the iCloud library.

Any OS has its foibles so don't imagine you'll be problem-free on the other side.:)

As for downloads taking ages, do an internet speed check to see what you are actually getting compared with what your ISP claims.

Reaction score
Can you walk us through what you are doing? Are you dragging the photos from somewhere (where?) into the photos app, or are you using the File > Import feature?

Is iCloud Photo Library turned on on both the iMac and the iPhone?

Does your phone have enough disk space on it?

What does iTunes show at the bottom in terms of photo storage used when you sync the phone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" Retina
Wonder if I can get advice on a problem so embarrassingly simple I am sure.

When I take a photo on my iPhone it syncs with iCloud which in turn syncs with my MacBook...... GREAT!

However I need the space on my iPhone and delete which intern deletes Photos off iCloud and then my MacBook.

Not Good, I want the photos stored on my MacBook. How do I stop the delete on the phone happening again on the MacBook? Also deletes on the MacBook deleting those on the iPhone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Wonder if I can get advice on a problem so embarrassingly simple I am sure.
When I take a photo on my iPhone it syncs with iCloud which in turn syncs with my MacBook...... GREAT!
However I need the space on my iPhone and delete which intern deletes Photos off iCloud and then my MacBook.
Not Good, I want the photos stored on my MacBook. How do I stop the delete on the phone happening again on the MacBook? Also deletes on the MacBook deleting those on the iPhone?

Once your phone pix have been transferred to your Mac, they are stored in 'All Photos' as well as Photo Stream. You may delete them from Photo Stream, on Mac or phone, but they are still in the Mac overarching library. Suggest you make subject albums on the Mac and move your images regularly.

Similar discussion in this thread http://www.mac-forums.com/ios-and-apps/333660-photos-question.html?highlight=

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" Retina
Thank you bad shoes. I had tried just copying but didn't work..... big shock migrating from my 2007 MacBook to now I van tell ya.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" Retina
Thank you badshoes. I had tried just copying but didn't work..... big shock migrating from my 2007 MacBook to now I will tell ya.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.