where to download a free image editing software like Adobe Photoshop for free?

Reaction score
I need to download a image editing program like Photoshop/illustrator, but it has to be free.
Can any one give me suggestions?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
If it has to be free, then Gimp.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks Raz0rEdge. I setup this & its working well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Thanks Raz0rEdge. I setup this & its working well.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) I'm not sure 'how many' imaging editing features you need, but Preview (a native app of OS X) is an excellent basic imaging editor (as well as a PDF file reader) - check this THREAD for some posts explaining a number of Preview's assets.

Before retirement, I used PhotoShop on a PC, and also played around w/ GIMP on a Linux laptop and found both had steep learning curves me, especially as a casual user - hope that you enjoy the experience and all goes well.

At the moment, I'm using Pixelmator on my Mac computers which is quite powerful and easier than the others mentioned; however, there is a price. Good luck and let us know your results - this is an occasional question on the forum. Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.