• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Moving edited clips from timeline off the timeline Adobe Premiere CS 6

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am editing a dive video in adobe premiere cs6 , I am new to this program so I would like to know (if it is possible) how to Move all my clips I dropped on my timeline and color corrected and edited for light levels off the timeline and maybe back in to a separate folder or area in the project folder? now that I am done trimming and editing I would like to go back to square one in terms of where they land on the timeline.

Thanks in advance.

-Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Why not just create another Sequence and open it in the Timeline? Just open a second sequence and you can copy paste and move it to the other timeline. I do this all the time. For example call one Sequence something like Clips then the second Mixed or whatever. You should see the name of the sequence on the tabs at the top of your timeline area. You can then close the first sequence and it will hold the information and still show up in the Project window. Or leave it open as you can have many sequences open in the Timeline and switch between them as you like.

Keeping your clips in a sequence will keep all the changes you have made to them. You can close the sequences or open them in the timeline as you work or keep them all open either way the sequence will hold the clips and their changes.

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.