How can I Open browsers, sites ,only , unless it is Apple.

Reaction score
Have been trying to upload things and doesn't work because I need to change preferences. I cannot do this as the person who set up this computer spelled my name wrong. Slso I can't delete mail address for live.com as my name is wrong. This is so stupid and frustrating
thanks
barb

OP
B
Reaction score
Problems with my Mac

I hate my Mac and I saved my money and said Yes , but I can't make it work . I want my PC. Help

It won't open anything because it only will accept files from Apple .I went to site pref. and it won't let me type email or phone. It has my name spelled wrong because the person who set it up was very free flowing? a jerk. it sez password for live.com is wrong but the acct name is wrong . and can't change it.
All I have been doing is making new PW to sites that won't open cuz no permission..like wordpress.com. I 'm losing out submitting a song to become famous and rich. because my Mac is not getting along with me and my life.
Help
barb

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Sounds like you might want to go to your Users & Groups System Preferences… and set yourself up as a new admin user with all your proper name etc. entered and then log into that new admin username and then delete the old one if and when you don't need any of the info it might contain.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Also, we need to know what types of files you are having trouble with. I can assure you that the assumption that your Mac only accepts files from Apple is incorrect. Many users on this forum, myself included, pass files from Mac to PC and back all the time.

OP
B
Reaction score
I feel encouraged maybe light t the end of the tunnel. I have a picture from Pictures, which moved it to Moments. It's in a cluster of five. I can't figure out how to open it so I can 1 attach it to an email. 2. upload it to word press, or even find it. It's also 5,6 MB. I don't want to make it smaller as I want to post it to Saatchi or Artslant. and I don't like how cloud just tome appears to take over. I can find the image in Photos, in moments but can't find it in finder.
On my old Pc I just did bla bla etc and eas good , o longer. Thank s I know I'm gettimg close.
Thanks ;eople who are kind and hel-ing.
Barb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
I have a picture from Pictures, which moved it to Moments. It's in a cluster of five. I can't figure out how to open it so I can 1 attach it to an email. 2. upload it to word press, or even find it. It's also 5,6 MB. I don't want to make it smaller as I want to post it to Saatchi or Artslant. and I don't like how cloud just tome appears to take over. I can find the image in Photos, in moments but can't find it in finder. Barb

There are two ways to do an email attachment:

1) Create an email, click on the paperclip at the top; scroll down the menu and attach your picture
Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 13.58.35.png

2) Within Photos - click once on the picture to highlight it, go up to the top of the screen and click on the box with the arrow
Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 13.55.33.png
Click 'more' and you will get a drop down menu where you can choose Mail
Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 13.56.09.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.