Orientation of screen and actions on curser 90 degrees out of sync. How to correct?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
We are going to need a little more detail than that. I'm not entirely sure that I see what is happening. Also, what version of OS X are you running?

Reaction score
You may have switched your display orientation. Can you navigate to "System Preferences" > "Displays" and check the "Orientation" setting as shown in this screen shot? It should be at standard for a normal display set in landscape mode.

What display are you using?

Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 08.54.17.png

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@yogi

Very interesting picture. I wonder what OS you are running because the settings are displayed quite differently in Mavericks and El Capitan. No "rotation" or "refresh rate" for example. But then again, we don't know the OP's OS, so your picture may solve their problem. In any event, it was a very inspired suggestion by you.

Ian

Reaction score
@IWT This is on El Capitan, however I believe the settings shown are heavily dependent on the kind of display and connector cable you are using. These settings apply to an external display connected via HDMI, they will differ for built-in retina screens, Thunderbolt displays, and so on.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@yogi

Ah. Right. That would explain the difference. Thanks for that.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.