Vertical Blue Lines on Screen

Reaction score
I have not used my macbook in a couple days, and it was not like this before. When I open the screen there are blue vertical lines that are flickering on my screen... if i tilt the screen then it goes away but if i tilt it back then they come back... it seems to be only when the screen is either a very light color or white. What is the issue and how do I fix it? It is a 2013 so it is not under applecare.. is there a cheap way to fix it or do i need a whole new computer?? I am not a computer person at all.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
When I open the screen there are blue vertical lines that are flickering on my screen... if i tilt the screen then it goes away but if i tilt it back then they come back...

Could be a loose connection…or a damaged cable…hopefully not something worse.

When you said "how do I fix it"? Are you going to fix it yourself (not sure of your computer repair expertise). Is there are "cheap way to fix it"?…if it's something loose…sure. If it's a replaceable cable…probably. if someone (a professional) has to do it. Probably depends on what you consider "cheap".

"Cheap" to a millionaire and "cheap" to a starving college student can be VERY different!;) Of course if the starving college student is the son/daughter of a millionaire…then "cheap" to that starving college student could be much more than the rest of us "poor folks" consider cheap!;);)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.