• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

A Nice Experience Buying Hardware To Share

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 Mac Book Pro 2.2 Ghz 4 GB RAM SSD OSX 10.11 & 2006 MBP Stuck At 10.6.8
Hi All!
Sometimes we wonder if a vendor of a particular piece of hardware or software is reputable or not. We get to hear bad stuff about vendors, which is a very good thing. But, I thought it would be nice if I could mention positive comments for one that I have purchased items from off & on for several years. This is just meant to help you decide in case you are hesitant to buy from them. I always am hesitant when I have never bought somewhere.

It is PowerbookMedic. They ship very quickly & the prices are about the same as, or better than, others on most stuff.
When a used part is graded for condition, it seems that they are conservative, so you get a nicer looking item than you thought you'd receive. (Example- A top case for a MacBook Pro. It was graded "B", but I still can't find a scratch on the outside. Just inside.)

Most Important To Me: If something goes wrong with the order or a part, they jump in fast & make things right. I love that in a vendor.

So if you are on the fence about ordering from them, I think they are worth a try.

For those that have purchased there, did it go well for you?

Happy Spending!
Paul
PS: I am not trying to advertise for that company. I am, however, trying to help forum members by letting you know how it worked out for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Everyone knows that Paul, and add OWC to your list as they provide excellent service, great after sales and as an added plus a live chat session with their experts.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I haven't ordered from Powerbook Medic before that I can remember but have read several positive comments from their customers over the years.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I've been buying & recommending Powerbookmedic as a great resource for over 10 years.

Powerbookmedic also sells on eBay with the username "wallachee". Same great products, customer service, etc. as the website.:)

- Nick

OP
PGB1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 Mac Book Pro 2.2 Ghz 4 GB RAM SSD OSX 10.11 & 2006 MBP Stuck At 10.6.8
I forgot to mention OWC in my post! Thanks for mentioning them Harry.
I just bought some RAM & a SSD from them. The sales people were really helpful in explaining why the 3G would be more stable in my computer than the 6G choice they present. They sure have good documentation & how-to articles. I've bought stuff from them in the past, too. Like you said- Great after sales support. It's nice to buy and know that the vendor will make sure everything works out well.
Paul
PS: Thanks again for helping me with the Safe Boot thing, Harry!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Yes they are very good and we have had threads on the forums on 6Gb/ps SSDs not working in pre 2009 MB and MBP, particualrly Samsung brand. I buy from OWC, SSDs and memory etc. The prices are cheaper than local dealers and postage is quicker also lol!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.